This vegetable & shrimp stir fry is a healthier way to fulfill your Thai food cravings. It's low carb and really simple to make!
LOW CARB VEG & SHRIMP STIR FRY
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 10 minutes Total: 25 mins
What you'll need:
- Spiralizer or Julienne Mandoline (a regular knife works too, it'll just take a while longer for veggie prep)
- Wok or large frying pan
- 4 medium sized zucchinis
- 3 medium sized carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of low-sodium butter
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder
- Roughly 1lb of shrimp
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sriracha hot sauce (depends on how much "kick" you'd like, I put in around 1 teaspoon)
- Prep your veggies: Spiralize (using a spiralizer) or Julienne cut (using a mandoline) the zucchinis and carrots; Julienne cut the red pepper; mince the garlic
- Season shrimp in cayenne, ginger powder, salt and pepper
- Brown butter in a pan with minced garlic on medium high heat; once browned, add in shrimp and cook until shrimp turns fully pink. Immediately remove from heat and keep in a separate bowl.
- Pre-heat your frying pan/wok on medium high heat with coconut oil; add in the carrots, then zucchini and and red pepper.
- Squeeze half a lemon onto the veggies (you can also use a few squirts of lemon juice if you don't have fresh lemon)
- Stir often and cook for 3 minutes or so (you don't want to let the veggies get soggy!).
- Pour in shrimp (and juice from cooking the shrimp) into the veggie stir fry, turn off and remove from heat immediately.
- Stir in desired amount of Sriracha hot sauce
- Serve topped with almonds and a wedge of lemon for extra zest!